For late start training and creating a potential danger for other participants of the session, the pilot of the KTM factory team in MotoGP, Miguel Oliveira, was demoted in position at the start of tomorrow’s Australian Grand Prix race. A new arrangement on the starting grid.
Oliver is downgraded by 3 positions, he will also have to go through a Long Lap after the start of the race, which further reduces the chances of the Portuguese to compete for the result on the Phillip island Circuit.
Initially, the KTM Factory Racing driver qualified 11th in Q1, which would mean starting from the 7th grid line. But after lowering by 3 positions, he will close the last line.
His demotion will not affect the position of the first 20 qualified in any way.
The current version of the starting grid of the Australian MotoGP Grand Prix (16/10/2022):
- X.Martin – M. Marquez – F.Bagnaia
- A.Espargaro – F.Quarararo – J.Zarco
- L.Marini – D.Miller – M.Bezzecchi
- A.Rins – A.Marquez – M.Vinales
- P.Espargaro – J.Mir – E.Bastianini
- B.Binder – K.Crutchlow – D.Binder
- R.Gardner – F. Di Gianantonio – R. Fernandez
- F.Morbidelli – T.Nagashima – M.Oliveira.